Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome to My Dog Jet

Welcome. The goal of this blog is the share the amazing animal anomaly that is: my dog Jet. Of course I'm rather biased, but I'd wager that I have the cutest dog in the world. Not purely because he's handsome and adorable, but because he does some of the dumbest things (even by dog standards) I've ever seen. We've been through a lot together over the 3ish years I've had him, and I must say his story is rather interesting.

Jet's a Siberian Husky that my parents found wandering the streets of Ventura county, in Southern California. He has a chip in him that was tied to a local animal shelter. After getting the adopters' contact information, I left a message... waited two weeks with no response, and after that point registered the chip in his name, effectively making him my property by law. I suspect the poor little guy has been abused at some point in his life, for a number of reasons.

You may notice Jet has different color eyes, a trait known as heterochromia. Jet also (perhaps unfortunately depending on your point of view) has a nonfunctional tail. This means he can't wag it when he's happy or excited, tuck it between his legs when he's scared, or lift it when he's taking a dump. He very rarely barks, instead he communicates with a wooing noise for the most part. I believe this may be a trait of the breed, but I've never met anyone else with a husky.

Jet doesn't necessarily scare easily, but he is definitely not a brave dog by any means. He's the kind of fighter who only picks on dogs smaller than him.

This charming combination of traits that is Jet provides endless amusement. I hope you'll stop in from time to time and see what he's up to.

Enjoy.

- Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
No part of this site may be used or reproduced without expressed permission of the copyright holder(s)