Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A big cheesy smile.


Don't smell his breath but he'd love a big kiss right on the nose. Jet is a remarkably affectionate animal. Emotional as well, moreso than any dog I've known before. It's like walking a tightrope, sometimes. If I let him get away with too much he starts getting brazen and breaking rules. If I scold him with a tone that he deems too angry, he pees and becomes extremely sad and timid and usually slinks off somewhere to hide.

Usually just being consistent with my tone and my discipline, as well as my praise, seems to keep Jet on an even keel. It's probably confusing enough for a dog trying to understand a human.

It's extra confusing for Jet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
No part of this site may be used or reproduced without expressed permission of the copyright holder(s)